Nate holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from Grand Valley State University and a Masters degree from Michigan State University. He is a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). Nate currently serves as Vice President and Portfolio Counselor for Lorence & Vander Zwart. Nate lives with his wife Claire and daughters Lauren and Jenna in Zeeland. When he is away from the office, he enjoys playing golf, watching baseball, and reading a variety of non-fiction books.
Fun Facts About Nate
- Favorite subject in school: In high school it was history and in college it’s a tie between statistics and investment theories (shocking, right?)
- Favorite book(s): I really like anything non-fiction, but my current favorite is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand—I highly recommend it
- Best vacation ever: Any trips out West—skiing is the best vacation ever
- If I had an alternate career it would be: A PGA tour caddie, or my more attainable goal would be an airline pilot—I was sure that’s what I was going to be when I was growing up
- If I could only eat three foods for the rest of my life, they would be: Pizza, Cheez-It crackers, and Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwiches (but if my daughters asks, it’s apples, broccoli, and asparagus)
- Believe it or not: I was on hand for Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts’ swearing in and was in court for his second case ever—remember, I’m a history fan!